Masters of Science Financial Management (MSc FM) is qualification awarded by Edinburgh Business School, a business school under Heriot Watt University; MAT is an Approved Learning Partner for EBS in Uganda and Rwanda. The Masters programme at EBS is listed as the most popular Distance Learning MBA in the World by the Financial times newspaper 2013.
Please be informed that there are 9 papers you have to complete to be awarded the Msc FM. 5 of them are a must do papers called the core papers and the other 4 are elective papers (optional papers) Core papers include:
- Financial Risk Management
- Credit risk Management
- Plus 4 additional electives: (please refer to page 6 on the MSc SP copy).
Please note that Economics was also added on to the list of elective papers.
Language should be no barrier to a high quality business education. That’s why Edinburgh Business School offers students the opportunity to study in a number of key international languages. Alongside English, these are Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish. MAT Lectures are only in English.
Apparently MSc FM Core course units and electives (optional papers) are not taught, thus meaning the student entirely depends on self-study and on-line Tutor Group for support, which has been proved to be manageable.
In Minor diets we do not teach any paper, the student is entirely on distance learning programme.
Please Note: Optional papers may be taught at MAT depending on the demand from the Students registered for that particular optional paper, otherwise in most cases option papers are mainly done on self-study and students tend to utilize the on-line tutor support on their course web site and other materials provided by EBS. A Student may include these optional papers anywhere in the either diets June or December because they can be sat in such exam diets a part from Negotiation which is also examined in March Minor exam diet.
Each course requires 200 Hours of Study before you sit the Exam, this is as tested and carefully analyzed by EBS.
- Completed application form
- Two (2) coloured passport size photographs.
- An original comprehensive C.V.
- Original and photocopies of academic credentials (coloured).
- A valid I.D (with a photograph) either a passport or driving permit.
- Plus the GBP 710 for each course unit selected
What Will You Learn?
- Course Benefits
- The benefits of an MBA are numerous; personal and professional development, promotion or a change of career, providing a launch pad to starting your own business, global networking opportunities with like-minded professionals, and a broader, deeper understanding of business issues. Students see a good return on their investment as their employability is heightened as a result of gaining applied skills that will make a real difference to their careers and their organisations.
- The greatest ambassadors of Edinburgh Business School are the graduates, whose successes and belief in the business school have seen it grown into one of the largest in the world. We are proud to be in partnership with MAT Abacus and the quality of services provided by MAT Abacus is a key factor in the growing reputation of the Edinburgh Business School.
- Melanie Sturmheit
- Regional Manager
- Edinburgh Business School, Southern Africa