As a busy and ambitious professional, you may want the range of skills and expertise that an MBA can provide, but do not have the time to accommodate the schedule of a less flexible MBA programme. Firm on standards and quality, the Edinburgh Business School MBA programme allows you to tailor your study route to meet your own specific requirements.
The Edinburgh Business School Master of Business Administration programme is specifically designed to provide an intellectually demanding and rigorous programme that enables you to study when and where you wish and to take examinations anywhere in the world.
You work towards your MBA on a course-by-course basis. After completing three courses, you are eligible for a Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration, and after six courses for a Postgraduate Diploma. The certificate and diploma awards are formal recognition of your progress; they can also be used as exit awards. To obtain a General MBA, you need to complete 7 core courses and 2 electives.
To do a specialization, you need to do seven core courses and four electives. We can now award up to three credit transfers/ exemptions from the MBA for holders of the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) Professional Qualification, which means that they need to complete only six papers for the General MBA and eight courses for the specialized MBA. Students with the ACCA Professional qualification can also opt for the M.Sc. in Financial Management.
- Completed application form
- Two (2) colored passport size photographs.
- An original comprehensive C.V.
- Original and photocopies of academic credentials (colored).
- A valid I.D (with a photograph) either a passport or driving permit.
- Plus the GBP 710 for each course unit selected
What Will You Learn?
- The benefits of an MBA are numerous; personal and professional development, promotion or a change of career, providing a launch pad to starting your own business, global networking opportunities with like-minded professionals, and a broader, deeper understanding of business issues. Students see a good return on their investment as their employability is heightened as a result of gaining applied skills that will make a real difference to their careers and their organisations.
- The greatest ambassadors of Edinburgh Business School are the graduates, whose successes and belief in the business school have seen it grown into one of the largest in the world. We are proud to be in partnership with MAT Abacus and the quality of services provided by MAT Abacus is a key factor in the growing reputation of the Edinburgh Business School.
- Melanie Sturmheit
- Regional Manager
- Edinburgh Business School, Southern Africa