This course is designed to enhance your knowledge and skills to design and implement effective performance management systems. You will be able to understand and apply performance management, principles, concepts, models, and use tools of performance management, such as performance planning, performance appraisal, performance measurement, performance analysis, performance improvement, to your business or organization thus increasing productivity.
On completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify and discuss the management information systems, the uses and controls over information and big data and data analytics used by organisations to manage and measure performance.
- Explain and apply cost and management accounting techniques.
- Select and appropriately apply decision-making techniques to facilitate business decisions and promote efficient and effective use of scarce business resources, appreciating the risks and uncertainty inherent in business and controlling those risks.
- Identify and apply appropriate budgeting techniques, including quantitative techniques, and methods for planning and control and use standard costing systems to measure and control business performance and to identify remedial action.
- Assess the performance of private, public and not-for-profit organisations from both a financial and non-financial viewpoint, appreciating the problems of controlling divisionalised businesses and the importance of allowing for sustainability and external aspects.
- Demonstrate required employability and technology skills
This course will be delivered through the following modules.
- Management information systems and data analytics
- Specialist cost and management accounting techniques
- Decision-making techniques
- Budgeting and control
Performance measurement and control